Thursday, November 11, 2010

Goblin Valley

I have been a delinquent blogger for a while now!  I counted and I think I attended 45 soccer games in about 8 weeks! I'm also busy savoring a Senior year...AGAIN! (Didn't I just do this with Zach?)

But just for memories, I am going to post some pictures of our Goblin Valley trip this past summer.  I lived in Utah for 10 years and only remotely remember hearing about Goblin Valley--it is only a 4 hour drive from Provo!  But after visiting I think it is a "Day Trip Must" and a "highly recommend" for the Utah traveler!  The only thing I should prepare you for is the accommodations--or lack of--in Green River, Utah.  I recommend the Holiday Inn Express--the other hotels look like set scenery from an old western, ghost town movie...the big question being flush toliets or outhouses?

Check Out These Rock Formations!
Looks Prehistoric!
My Family near the Geiser

Seth on a rock plateau--a very nice climb!


The Three Amigos..the 4th was working in Ohio!

The Spring near Goblin Valley


One of the caves that we explored...


3 comments:

  1. I'm ashamed to say that I've never been there either! Crazy that we forget to look in our own backyard, it seems, for places to explore! Glad you went and that your mom went,too! Miss you! How's your missionary?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We loved our trip to Goblin Valley, too. You found some fun things that we never saw, though. The rock formations are amazing. It is like a natural playground. Glad you posted these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. if we are ever in Utah we will have to check it out! Looks like fun! I am just glad it is finally cooling off here in AZ so we can take our kids hiking!

    ReplyDelete