Thursday, May 20, 2010

Spring Snip Its

Spring Tulips by Carly Hunter

It seems that we wait all winter long for Spring Break--then it comes, and before you know it...school's out! The kids tell me there is 9 days of school left this year. Time flies when you're having fun!

For Spring Break, we visited Baltimore. What a great city... I recommend it, highly! Very family-friendly, easy to drive, lots to see--a great weekend get away. We also visited Rehoboth Beach, bought a beach kite, flew it in 45 degree weather in 45 mph winds! It was freezing, but it was a beach. We saw the famous Washington cherry blossoms--they are as beautiful as the tour books describe! Zach came home, celebrated his 19th birthday, opened his mission call, and we accompanied him to the temple--it's been a whirl.
All-in-all a great Spring.


Baltimore's Inner Harbor



Kite Flying in Rehoboth Beach, Maryland.
Did I mention it was COLD??!!




Japanese Cherry Blossoms on the Mall, Washington D.C.


"The Mission Call"--live and in stereo via cell phones and Skype!


Jake caught the garter at a wedding we attended.
We tried to explain that it should really be for "eligible bachelors". He felt eligible.

Zach and his good friend Kristin, Medina Prom.
Check out her corsage. I painstakingly helped the florist find just the right color match...
pretty sweet, eh??


Jake and Dandelion

A summer now to look forward to...a missionary ready to serve, soccer camps, campfires, grandma and cousins and friends to see. I feel very blessed!

3 comments:

  1. Because you are very blessed!
    What fun times. I think Jake is a crack-up!
    Carly looks so grown-up and I can't believe Zach is leaving for a mission soon.
    Time marches on......

    ReplyDelete
  2. If Carly took that tulip picture...good job! It's a GREAT picture! Love the cherry blossom pictures & Jacob's garter! Very funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, summer already?! The weather in your trip to Maryland kind of sounds like the weather here! No wonder it doesn't feel like summer to me. You all look so great and happy, glad you all are doing well.

    ReplyDelete