
Every Thursday morning I drive to the North Canton Y to play racquetball with two good friends. I have tried to do this religiously and make it part of my routine. I do this for many great reasons.
Did you know that one hour of racquetball burns 1700 calories--second only to running! (In our game, we think we probably only burn about 1000 calories because we like to chat between plays)... So burning calories is defintely one motivation.
Another reason is that it is a great stress reliever--we can smack the ball as hard as we want, scream when we miss a ball, and laugh hysterically when our teammate makes a bad play. It is ruthless. The name of the game is "Cut Throat"--every woman for herself. It's two against one--No holding back. Competition at it's highest level. The sky's the limit with these gals. (Swearing is not allowed--this is an unspoken rule, mostly for me). No makeup, no shower, bad hair..au naturel.
Mostly I play racquetball for therapy. Spending time with great women is therapeutic. We've laughed on the court, taken and given good "mom advice", and borne our souls! It is time well-spent. So come rain, sleet, snow, and sunshine, you'll find me on a beaten path to the Y. I love Thursday mornings!
Mostly I play racquetball for therapy. Spending time with great women is therapeutic. We've laughed on the court, taken and given good "mom advice", and borne our souls! It is time well-spent. So come rain, sleet, snow, and sunshine, you'll find me on a beaten path to the Y. I love Thursday mornings!
OMG! Racketball? Even though I'm way surprised that you play, it's great that you do!!
ReplyDeleteI MISS YOU GUYS!!!!!
ReplyDelete3 faces I would love to
see.
Tell those guys hi for me.
The North Canton Y - my old stomping grounds!
I loved that place too.
Don't drive by my house, I heard it looks like a pit now.
I am loving your blog, feelin' closer to you again! :)